Friday, July 17, 2009

Sweet Home, Indiana

Howdy folks! No hike this time - I went on an adventure of a different variety. Last week I headed back to Indiana for my former roommate's wedding (woo!). I was fortunate enough to be in the wedding as one of the groomsmen [read: carefully and meticulously selected from a deep reserve of the nation's finest groomsmen candidates {ok, maybe not, but I can walk down an aisle and stand up straight}]

Descending into Indianapolis I saw these magnificent clouds which I had to get a shot of. The image quality is awful (an artifact of me hastily rummaging through my carry-on to retrieve my camera and almost missing it entirely) but the image speaks for itself. I defy anyone to question the grandeur of Mother Nature.



Landed. Spent a night at home in Terre Haute. Headed to Shelbyville the next day for all of the festivities. The ceremony went off without a hitch (aside from the bride and groom who were certainly and most undeniably hitched) and my old roomie and his new wife officially set sail on their marriage.


*bonus semi-self-portrait



I had a great time seeing some very good friends and spending some quality time with my family but it seemed like almost as soon as I had arrived, it was time to leave. So back to Cali I flew (sans awesome cloud formations, unfortunately).

Until the next adventure,
Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment