Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Prints (will be) on Display

Good news, everyone!

So a few weeks ago my amiga Dorothy had a show at Coffee Cartel, a coffee shop located in South Redondo Beach. Both the atmosphere of this place and the show were amazing (as seen below)!



At any rate, I noticed that there was some art on the wall and I, being a young photographer, put two and two together and decided to see if could display some artwork there. So I packed up my stuff and headed over to Coffee Cartel today to try my luck.

To my surprise, it wasn't that difficult. I walked in, scoped the area out, and then started to talk to an employee. The employee took a look at my portfolio and then directed me to see the owner who was, very conveniently, around the area. I explained who I was and asked if I could display some of my photos on his walls and he agreed without even looking at my portfolio! I showed it to him anyway, just to prove that I'm not a fraud. And that was that. As soon as I get the photos printed and framed I will take them to adorn the walls of Coffee Cartel. If you're in the area, you should come check them out!

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment